An internship at Hybrid Performance will present you with the opportunity to experience hands-on, individualized coaching to our member base. Each intern will have the chance to coach high school and collegiate athletes, become more familiar with the intricacies of program design and observe and assist a variety of professional athletes under the supervision of our qualified staff of strength & conditioning coaches. As time goes on, interns can earn the right to develop and start their own programs as well.
As an HPC intern, you would have the opportunity to compliment your hands-on learning experience with participation in our weekly Staff In-Service, which focuses on continuing education in a classroom-style learning environment. We work closely with our internship participants to develop coaching, assessment, and program-design skill sets to compliment career aspirations within the fitness industry.
Expectations of all applicants:
• Be competent teaching dynamic warm-up & flexibility drills
• Demonstrate a knowledge of training techniques
• Be eager to learn and accepting of constructive criticism
• Must be comfortable interacting with clients, parents, etc.
• Present yourself in a manner that will reinforce your status as a role model for impressionable young athletes
HPC internships are scheduled according to traditional academic semesters and summer vacation. Interns are asked to work a minimum of 30 hours per week throughout the duration of their program.
• Semester 1: Sept. 1 – Dec. 23 (6 Positions)
• Semester 2: Jan. 3 – May 31 (6 Positions)
• Summer: June 1 – Aug. 30 (6 Positions)